Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sly in Mpls, George in St. Paul

File this under why Minneapolis has better stuff than St. Paul. On the same day it's announced that Sly Stone is allegedly to appear at First Avenue, we hear George Michael is coming to St. Paul's Excel Center. Minneapolis has good restaurants and a nightlife, St. Paul has this. However, St. Paul is hosting the Republican National Convention this year. On the other hand, Minneapolis is not.

In all fairness to my friends over in St. Paul, I'm really not a Minneapolis snob. I do find reason to go there on occasion and rarely get lost on the confusing streets anymore.

And despite George Michael's pathetic personal problems, I'm not a George Michael hater. I can admit that I rather like "Faith." I'm not shelling out $52 to $177 for a ticket to see him though. I have YouTube...

No comments: