Monday, March 17, 2008

Luck of the Irish

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Do whatever your normal St. Patrick's day thing is. What do I do? I put on a green shirt and not think about it further. I don't see the point of going to overcrowded bar and drinking Irish beer when I can drink good Irish beer on any other day of the year.

One of my favorite St. Patrick's Day related things is John Belushi's Weekend Update commentary on the the luck of the Irish. I can't seem to find any clips of it online due to the stingy executives at NBC. Here it is written out, which doesn't do justice of course. The clip is on the Best of John Belushi on SNL if you happen to have it or want to get it on Netflix or Blockbuster or Amazon.

Here's a different John Belushi clip totally unrelated to St. Patrick's Day or the Irish, except for the mention of corned beef.

No comments: