Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Meat


Driving down Lake Street in Minneapolis, I saw a not too uncommon sight: a double-parked delivery truck for one of the street's stores. In this case, it was one of the Halal meat groceries and the items were frozen butchered carcasses. I noticed because the delivery man was running with one on his back across the street. (It was cold and windy.) My best guess is that it was a goat. The carcass was wrapped in a clear plastic bag. The only thing was that the bag wasn't quite big enough and the bottom section of the legs were sticking out of the bag.

Glancing over to the truck with it's back half open, I saw a bunch more frozen goat carcasses. Each one with the legs sticking out into the elements. It looked like they were probably touching the floor bed of the truck. It made me think about getting some roast goat at the nearby Midtown Global Market.

No comments: