Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Turtle's Tips: Art!

This is the second of an occasional series of recommendations for philophical, consumer, and artistic consumption. It's admitedly from a guy who doesn't get out much but thinks he has something to offer anyways. I have no formal training that suggests I'm a qualified art critic. I just like what I like.

*****

Turtle's Art Tip: Abigail Woods Anderson

Abigail Woods Anderson* is a Minnesota-based artist with an eye for the detailed. Her water color, ink, and pencil pieces show her appreciation for nature, but maybe not in the way you most normally see it.

Anderson, like many artists, doesn't do art as a full time professional venture. She's occasionally but consistently selected for local exhibitions. Most recently she received second place in the watercolor category for the Minnesota State Fair Fine Arts Exhibition.

Title: Bittersweet and Tomatoes
Prismacolor on paper, 6"x8"


Title: The Hare Pauses, Never Idle
Prismacolor on paper, apx 6"x8"


Title: Oneiric Interval
Pencil and colored pencil on paper. 7.75" x 6.5". At the Groveland Gallery (612-377-7800)

You can see these and other examples of her art here.

I recommend her beautiful notecards. I just got another batch myself, hence the inspiration for this post. You can order 12 cards for $20 (free shipping) of any combination of the below six designs. Cards are professionally printed, full color with satin finish, blank inside with white envelopes. 4.5" x 6.25". Email awoodsanderson AT yahoo DOT com for ordering details.



* Noteworthy Disclaimer: The artist is a personal friend of mine. She made no request for help with promotion and I have not notified her of this posting. In fact, I'm worried she'll be annoyed.

No comments: